Sunday, April 26, 2009

A typical sunday at the Weight house.

Sundays are our day to regroup and refill ourselves spiritually for the upcoming week, when I'm spiritually full i can take whatever life throws our way (most of the time that is.lol).

Sundays are a bit challenging for me though. As much as they are meant as a day of rest for us, in my eyes, they tend to be my busiest, most stressful day of the week. When i have to teach in Relief Society, the stress and tiredness grows that much more. But i just have to remind myself to push through it.

The more i go to church, the easier it gets to feel the spirit and to get "the message". I still struggle some weeks, and i walk out of church wondering what the heck I'm doing there. But by the time i get home, i snap out of it and get out of my funk.lol Ive just come to realize that not each week is going to be perfect, there's going to be some total flops in there.lol

Kreg, being the awesome and kind man that he is, usually let's me sleep in an extra hour or two on Sunday's. Typically, M-F and sometimes on Saturday's I'm up before 6:30 am, so when Sunday comes, I'm ready for an extra hour or two of sleep if i can get it. I rarely get naps or extra rest in the week, so i treasure that extra sleep a lot.lol And Kreg gives it so generously unless hes had a long week at work, then its his turn.

He takes Klaire downstairs, they eat some cereal together, and snuggle on the couch in his "Duck" blanket. They watch some Scooby-Doo and some Tom and Jerry until its time to get ready for church. Every once in a while Klaire will come up and ask "Mom, are we going to church today??", when i answer groggily "Yes honey, we are, but mommy's a bit tired.", she takes that as a cue to go back downstairs for a little while longer.

Ive come to love that extra little time that Kreg and Klaire get together. Some Sundays they make a special breakfast for the family, some days they play on the computer together, sometimes they just nap and rest for a little while and take it easy.

Now, that duck blanket is one of our most favorite items in our house, we call dibs on it, its been the source of many heated moments of "Its mine! MY sister made it for **ME**!!", and then Klaire or myself reply "But, we have to share!".lol Kreg is pretty good about sharing it most days, but then there are days when we know its just better to not fight that battle with him. ;)

Kreg's wonderful and talented sister made it for him many years ago. Over the years its kept us all so warm, been our companions when we've been under the weather, dried some tears, been on a few camping trips, and made some pretty awesome forts.
Not to mention all the great and warm memories Kreg has with it before i entered his life. I don't know what we'll do once that blanket becomes so thread bare that we wont be able to use it. Its already started to fall apart in some places! We love that blanket so much.

K, back to our Sunday's.lol

I'm usually the first to get ready, once I'm ready, then it seems like its so much easier for everyone else to get ready.
While I'm getting ready, i set Klaire's dress, socks, and shoes out. She gets herself dressed, and by the time shes done, I'm done, and i can do her hair.
By the time we are both ready, Kreg will have the sandwiches/snacks made and the bag packed and ready to go.
Its taken us a few years to get this routine down, but for now, it works good for us, and we can all get showered, dressed, hair done, fed, and ready to walk out the door in under an hour and a half. And we are usually about 10 minutes early to church.

Now, as of January, each Sunday our family grows from 3 members to 5!lol
My middle sister has so lovingly allowed/asked us if we could take her little's to church with us. And of course, we are so appreciative that her and her hubby allows for that to happen.
We LOVE LOVE LOVE when my niece and nephew join us. The are such special little people whom we've come to adore and cherish. About 2 years ago, they were going with us, but our church time block changed to the butt crack of dawn, and ya, we barely made it each week ourselves.lol So with a year off from them coming with us and a better time block, they've rejoined us. I hope that they are growing and learning by coming with us. I know we sure have enjoyed their company!

Once we get home we usually feed the kids again, and they go play for about an hour, or watch a movie, or go outside. Then my sister and her hubby come and get their kids.
After they leave Kreg has to get ready for work, we have to do dinner, and clean up. Its also time for Klaire to get in the bath and get into bed because she has school the next day.
By 8:30pm I'm wiped out and ready for bed myself.

But through all of this activity, we somehow grow together as a family, Klaire retains what shes learned in her classes, we are building a strong spiritual foundation, we are full filling our callings in our church, and we are somehow getting rested and ready for the upcoming week.

My eyes have been opened widely lately to Heavenly Fathers role in my life and in our family. I stand in awe and amazement by everything that He has blessed me with, my family, my health, my home, Kreg's job, my freedoms, the gospel...... I could go on. There's just so much. I am so extremely grateful for His hand in my life, I'm grateful for the business of my life. And I'm grateful for the opportunity that I've been given to share a gospel that i love so much with my niece and nephew. I don't have much in common with them, but this is a passion of mine, and it thrills me to be able to share that with them.
Thank you "Ramblin' Woman", you'll never know how much its meant to us, to me. Its brought me to tears some days because I'm so thankful that your letting us have that time with them.

No comments: