Ive said it before and ill say it again, i need to be better at blogging.
But this time i have a good excuse, i always have good excuses. {wink wink}
My laptop was fried, the motherboard was shot, well, at least that's what we were told. So that's why i pretty much went offline for a month or so.
But!! Because i have such an amazing and wonderful husband, he resurrected my old friend. "Betty The Laptop" is now working again. And shes happy. And shes like new. And hopefully she wont catch any more nasty viruses and bugs. And guess what? He did it FOR FREE!! Is he not the best or what?!
But i have to say, im **VERY** disappointed with P.C. Laptops. They bite. I took my laptop to them to see what was going on, i knew i had Malware but i thought they could easily clean it up and take care of everything.
So for $90 the dude told me it was fried, he couldn't even get it to turn on, and it would be over $300 to get a new motherboard for it.
But then he proceeded to try to sell me a $2500 system of theirs. Ya, let me just pull $2500 out of my butt. {{insert eye roll here}}
So i figured that now that my business is closed, my taxes are done, its OK if we just get rid of the laptop. It was only added to our household for business purposes in the first place. So it really wasn't a huge deal for us.
Now in the process i had a Kaspersky disc in the drive of my laptop, i knew it was in there but the drive wouldn't even open. So its not like i could take it out before i took it to P.C. Laptops. And when i picked it up the dude told me it was still in there. Cool.
So, we get the computer back, we were told it was fried, and Kreg and i just went on living our lives. In the mean time Kreg had talked to a co worker about the laptop saga and he told Kreg of a way it may be able to be fixed.
Homeboy rocks by the way, i need to think of a super cool gift to give him for helping us.
I told Kreg to give it a shot, what did we have to loose? Really? If it worked, i got my laptop back, if not, i would only be loosing info that wasn't very important.
So after 8 hours of scans and working with it Kreg got it cleaned up and went to install Kaspersky. Well, low and behold, P.C. Laptops had taken out my Kaspersky disc and not put it back, and in doing so had left their tech disc in my drive. NICE!!!
So Kreg proceeded to attempt to get our disc back.
They lost it, they cant find it anywhere, its vanished. But Because he's the nice guy that he is, he gave theirs back!!
You loose my disc and you still expect to get yours back??!! Im sorry. I don't work that way, that's wrong, i know, but seriously.....
Replace my disc or refund my $$$$ and you'll get your crap back.
So they told us they would look for it. Sure, let me twiddle my thumbs while you do that. Me being the spawn of a Duncombe woman, i called. I wasn't willing to accept their answer. I told the manager what happened and he proceeded to tell me there's nothing that can be done!! Really?! Did he *REALLY* just say that??!! Nice customer service.
I paid your guy $90 to tell me my laptop's fried.
Then my no tech husband figures it out and gets it running again, perfectly.
Then you proceed to loose *MY* disc, yet you expect yours to be returned.
Then you tell me there's nothing more you can do??!! Umm, ya, that's not cool dude. And you wanted my $2500 in the process??!! Who do you think i am!!?? Who do *YOU* think you are for trying to jerk me around?! Come on now.
I asked him to politely return my disc or refund my $25 for the disc. He refuses, then tries to sell me an inferior product to replace Kaspersky. Sorry, im not accepting that. Now this is becoming insulting.Then he tells me the only option i have is to accept $25 in store credit. Ummmm, i don't think so assbag!! I wont *EVER* be in your store again. Ever!
Finally i told him that he can put the money back onto the card i originally paid with. And he reluctantly did so.
So i got my money back, Kreg fixed my computer, and things are good now. I have to admit, i didn't have alot of faith in Kreg to fix what was wrong, but he did an amazing job. He worked really hard on it and im extremely grateful for him trying. He didn't have to, but he did it anyways. So i could be a little happier.
Im continually amazed at what the man does for me. He is one of the most selfless, giving, and caring people i know. And he has shown me the meaning of *UN* Conditional Love over and over. I feel like i fall in love with him more each day.
I don't know what i ever did for God to give him to me. I don't know why God would pair such a great person with someone who continually messes things up in life. And i don't know why God would allow us to be together for an eternity. Maybe He knew it would take a special kinda person like Kreg to be with someone like me.lol Maybe He had to give Kreg LOADS and LOADS of special blessings to survive marriage and eternity with me. I don't know. But i am eternally grateful He paired us together. I am eternally grateful that Kreg chose me to be his wife. He didn't have to. But he did. I am eternally grateful for the amazing kid we have together and for the continual love and forgiveness she shows us. My life is *SO* rich and full, and i hope that i can remember that each day.
I have so much to be grateful for. More so than just having my laptop back, or getting a refund, or even for Kreg working with such a great guy.lol Since Easter I've been filled with an amazing amount of gratitude for what i **DO** have in life. For what i **HAVE** been blessed with over and over. And its alot to be grateful to God for. Its important for us to be grateful to God in all times, not just when things are good in our life. But in the bad times too.
I know i say this each time, but i have boatloads of pics to load. I promise, ill get it done.
1 comment:
What jerks!!! But on the plus side its great when we can see the vaule of our wonderful hubbys They do so much for us and our familys... We lucked out!!!
Post a Comment