Monday, March 15, 2010

{IN THE QUIET MOMENTS}

I have just a few minutes before i have to head back to Klaires school to volunteer, so this may or may not be too long of an entry. But ive felt compelled to write somthing since yesterday.

So, with this blog, i know not alot of people read it, and in a sense i really prefer that. I want to be myself here, i want to chronicle what happens in our life, and to work out some of my past in my head.

Yesterday was my first day back at church since November. I attended all my meetings (aside from helping Kreg in the library for a short bit). It felt real nice to be back, but it was also like a board hitting me upside the head. It was a HUGE spirituality check for me. Back in November i had some growing to do in a major way. I would like to think that i learned my lesson and i wont have to go through that again. But you never know.lol Pride is a nasty thing and Ive seen that first hand.

Everything that was spoke about in the days meetings were about what i went though in November. It reaffirmed so many things to me in my life and spiritually. I don't want to go into details, but i will say this:
I have fought long and hard to be able to go to the temple and to even be active again. I came from a place that not alot of people "get" or even understand. And at one point i thought that i had "earned" certain things long ago. And i became lax in a few things. But i realized that since i came from where i did and had to work so hard to be where i am, i value those blessings more now than the average person does.
I also learned that:
1) Heavenly Father actually asks *VERY LITTLE* of us nowadays. VERY VERY LITTLE. And we should do anything and everything that He asks of us, its the least we can do for Him. And ultimately, we are the ones benefiting.
2) Obedience is a life long commitment and it can be hard at times. Its one of the best things we can give to Heavenly Father. We are also setting a good example to our children.
3) Once you obtain certain blessings in the Gospel, your never done. You have to keep working to keep getting them. The blessings are rich and bountiful and Heavenly Father is *waiting* to give them to us. We just need to do the work and to keep doing it. Endurance.
4) Pride is one of the biggest stumbling blocks there is. Heavenly Father is always willing to help us and will always provide a way for us, He is our Father, He will never abandon.
5) I love and adore my family. They are what keeps me on the straight and narrow. They are the sunshine to my day. They are what fills my heart with hope. But i fully see the role Heavenly Father has played in giving me this wonderful family and life i have. Without Him, i wouldnt have what i do today. I'm eternally grateful for 2 of the most amazing human beings that call me mom and wife. I dont know what i did right to deserve them.

Our stake prez. also reaffirmed how important it is for us to be doing what we can to have a garden and trees. It also reaffirmed to me how much Kreg needs to buy a dehydrator for my anniversary *HINT HINT KREG! HINT HINT!* *insert cheesy smile*
Kreg and i love to think outside of the box and figure our own things out, i think it might be from our birth order.lol Our garden is one of them! We are lucky in the fact that we only have to plan for 3 people when gardening, so it ends up being pretty manageable and small scale. And i hope that people in our ward can find that you dont have to have this amazing yard and huge garden to be able to grow and have a good harvest. Anything will grow as long as it has dirt, sunshine, water, and love. We have proven that over and over.

This years garden is less of an experiment of "will this even work?" and more of an opportunity to build our skills in growing and preserving.
We are excited to add at least 2 more whiskey barrels to our patio, i would prefer 4 though. I cant wait to get going on the planting! We are venturing into blueberries and miniature trees this year. Ive done ALOT of research on blueberries and im ready to grow! And if we are able to buy more barrels then the miniature trees will be added too (peach and apple), but that might have to wait until next year.

Ive also found a composter that will work in our space and with our lifestyle that i would like to add this year as well.
And ive found these really neat watering jugs called Olla's, i think in our climate they could really transform our watering and give us moister beds.
Ive been on the hunt looking for some wire baskets to carry our harvests in. But they are pricey and hard to come by.
So like Ive said, this all may have to wait until next year. We will see. It feels good to have goals though.

Lastly, i just need to say how incredibly blessed i feel to live where i do, to be able to attend church, and to grow my garden. Its amazing that people today take these things for granted. We are *SO* blessed. Heavenly Father created this beautiful and amazing earth, it feels good to work it. It feels wonderful and sacred to be in Sacrament meeting and to be able to *PHYSICALLY* partake. I haven't had that for a while and i missed it. OH! How i missed it! It feels amazing to walk into a meeting house and not have to be scared to do so or to worry about bombers or attacks. Im thankful for that freedom.

OH!!! And before i forget, Easter weekend is coming!!!!!! What does that mean?! Fort B. here we come!!! I wish we could camp there, but going up for Easter day is good enough for me. We cant wait this year, and there will be plenty of babies to smoosh and hold. I'm glad that Klaire is exposed to this stuff, i hope it gives her good memories and that she will have fun.

2 comments:

Noodle said...

Yeah I'm so glad your coming to rendezvous!!! I still need to get the girls dresses done... But I'm exciited for Easter too... I love that you guys garden and prove thatit can be done... My "Black tumb" and me had a hard go at the gardening last year... But I have better hope for this year... If every year I learn a little bit more its a sucess... Love you!!!

kkweight said...

You can do it!!! I know you can!
This year Klaire is wanting a dress for rendezvous. So i gotta figure something out.lol I found a few patterns, but i have a hard time reading them and following them. I cant wait to see you guys and your mom.
I love you too, your right, i feel like your the little sister that i begged my mom to have.lol
Hope all is well with you guys!!!!