Thursday, June 25, 2009

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

Dear Internet,
I am officially 28!! Dude, where was my birthday card, my present, my cake? I'm a little disappointed that you didnt remember.
I expect more next year.
Your nearly 30 friend,
me.

No really though, my sweet hubby and precious little girl did an outstanding job today. Really, I'm so proud to be their wife and mom.

Kreg started the day with bringing home scones from my favorite little diner on his way home from work this morning. Then, Klaire entertained herself with minimal mess and drama through the day, hence, i was left to relax.lol
She was so sweet all day long, every hour or two leaning over to me to wish me a happy birthday and give me a huge hug and kiss. Such a sweet girl!!
They took me out to a wonderful dinner at Tempanyaki, we ate, we laughed, we loved, and we shared Sushi. It was awesome! Sushi twice in the same week! It doesnt get any better people.
They also got me a Cold Stone cake, and it was just as wonderful as the Sushi.lol
Kreg bought me such a great outfit, a pair of capri's and a woodstock shirt. And then 2 granola bars.lol Thier card was so sweet as well, it filled my heart. The simplier the gifts have gotten, the more they have meant to me and the more genuine happiness i feel.

I'm really just so blessed to have these two in my life, they freakin rock!
Kreg tries so hard to do what he can to make me happy. But money has always been so limiting in what he can do. I know that if we had a billion dollars, he would lavish me in fine things, thats just how he is. The intent of his heart is so pure and genuine. This year he was able to have more freedom and he really came through for me. I deeply appreciate all he does for me. How did i end up with such a gem of a guy?!

My lovely sister in law (kregs sister) sent me a cute card that filled my heart beyond measure. Her and her family are always so sweet to us and weve really come a long way in my opinion. I adore her and her family so much! It meant the world to me that they remembered me, and even Kreg got a little teary eyed when he saw the card. It meant alot to him that his sister went that extra mile. Just being remembered is enough for me. Love them to pieces!!!

My mother in law also sent me a card, which was very kind and rather unexpected. She didnt need to do it, but she did and it was deeply appreciated.

Overall it was an absolutely great birthday in my eyes.
And, keeping with tradition since being married, i was sick, like pretty much every year past.
Last year i spent my Bday in the ER, crazy high blood pressure, thought i was having a heart attack, ended up having a pretty bad lung infection, on top of a pretty bad anxiety attack. FUN TIMES!!
The first year i was married and we had my birthday, we got married on the 20th of June, i was 7.5 months pregnant. And 5 days later was my 21st Bday, i had the flu, in the end of june. Can my luck get much crappier?!lol
Oh, i can go on, i have some *GREAT* stories!!
When i was younger, on my 16th Bday my parents totally forgot. TOTALLY FORGOT. On my 18th Bday, i was in rehab, on my 19th Bday, my WHOLE FAMILY went camping without me.
I wish my mom would have at least called me this year though. Shes not called me the last 5 years, i was her baby. One can hope that maybe next year..............Really hope.

So heres to another year! I'm officially 28!
I wish i could post some baby pictures and pictures of me growing up, but i dont have any. I miss being able to go back and remember what i looked like, remember what things were like growing up. What birthdays were like when i was super young.
I cant believe where im at on my 28th birthday, my life is so dramatically different than what it was even 10 years ago. This is such a good place to be.
I cant believe im nearly 30, i really cant believe it. I never honestly thought that i would live long enough to see my 30th birthday, and its just 2 years away. This is awesome.

And in closing, as of today, in exactly 6 months, its Christmas!!!! How crazy is that?!
I planned it pretty good in my opinion, born on June 25th on my due date, and Christmas is December 25th. Every 6 months, im guaranteed presents.lol

I need to post some events that weve done over the summer thus far. And i have a TON of pics that i need to load as well. Have patience. Things are going to be C.R.A.Z.Y here until after the 10th of July.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

me and my mom have some pictures of ou as a little monster... Heck the Jaques blood alone made us monsters hehehe... I'm glad you had a great b-day! Have fun helping your sis move... Make sure you take the time to see some sights and spend time together as a famaily!