Friday, August 7, 2009

WOW, I CANT BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT!

So, ive owned a cloth diapering business now for 4+ years, but it has been in operation now for 6 years.

Its been such a crazy time for us. This business grew beyond what i ever expected it to be, sometimes beyond my physical capabilities. Ive sold all around the world. Ive formed friendships with fellow Work At Home Moms all over the nation.
I gave my sewing skills a shot, and i taught myself how to tie dye and made a pretty good income at it. Its really been amazing. Kreg has been nothing but supportive of it, some family has been fully supportive of it, and others.....not so much.lol

Either way, it was meant as a means to keep me home to raise our daughter and to supplement our income. And it did just that.
It also fostered an *INSANE* fabric obsession for me. Right now as i type this i have about $5K+ of specialty fabrics sitting in our spare room.lol All kinds of cotton, organic cotton, hemp, hemp fleece, organic hemp terry, organic bamboo jersey, organic bamboo velour. And theres more. Thats just the specialty fabrics. Theres about 15 different shades just of cotton velour. Theres prints, fleeces, flannels, PUL, and so much more!
It really is a little on the insane side.lol But it goes back to, i had projects and new designs and ideas in line when i bought it all. But becuase of the fast growth and volume of my business i just couldnt get to use it all. So it sits until i have time to make it into somthing.

Well, today, i officially announced to my 2,000+ customer list that we are closing up shop. I have to sell off the last of what i have.
Theres alot of reason behind me doing it. But nonethless, it was "that time".

Im sad to have to do it. But i have to move on with my life now. I have so many other ideas and ventures i want to do, and i feel like this business is holding me back a little bit.
And, truthfully, its getting *SO HARD* to be around all those diapers and know that ill most likely never diaper another baby.

So, there it is, after 4+ years, im closing up shop. Hopefully itll be swift and painless, but i have a feeling it wont be that way.
For those that have supported me in doing this, THANK YOU from the depths of my heart. Its been a complete BLAST!!!

2 comments:

Noodle said...

I wish I had the confendece to cloth diaper... I have a hard time keeping up with just being a mom... But I love your diapers and love that when I run out of diapers and have none in the house I can pull out my wonderful reliable cloth ones and cover a little bum... If you ever want to change a stinky bum give me a call... Sammy provides those at least 3 times a day... I can even tell you the aprox time...=) I hope your buisness provided you with what you wanted and the freedom from it ending to do the same... Love you and as always wish you the best!

Ganine said...

I am sad to see you go!! But, I also know that when one door closes another door opens. Love ya sweetie!!