An Ode to Faith
-by Patrick Overter
When you have come to the edge
Of all the light you know,
Into the darkness of the unknown,
Faith is knowing that
One of two things will happen,
There will be something solid to stand on,
Or you will be taught how to fly.
-by Patrick Overter
When you have come to the edge
Of all the light you know,
Into the darkness of the unknown,
Faith is knowing that
One of two things will happen,
There will be something solid to stand on,
Or you will be taught how to fly.
Also, i have my neurosurgeon appointment today. Im nervous but ready to get this all over with. So, keep us in your thoughts and prayers, i don't know what he will decide to do, things from here could move pretty quickly or carry on for a little longer (hopefully not though!). At this point, its all in his hands as to what needs to be done. This guy comes highly recommended and is supposed to be really awesome, so i have high hopes!
In other news, Klaire is doing wonderfully! Her reading is coming along nicely, shes actually ahead of most the kids on her class. Right now they are to be mastering the 3rd term "sight words" she has most of them down already and we aren't in the third term yet.
I go in and help when i can and lately Ive been helping some of the students with their sight words. Some of them are still on the first term words. Words like "It", "At", "Me", "My", etc. and even then, there are a few who are really struggling with those. Its become so obvious to me since last year how important it is for parents to be active in their child's education. It shows, and unfortunately, the kids are the ones who feel the effects.
I feel so bad for the kids, i can see them struggling the way i did with words. It makes my heart break, i know what they are in for and its not fun, maybe that's why i hated school so much? I don't know. I struggled horribly, it was filled with years in speech therapy, tutoring, special education classes, and special accommodations for testing and such. While those things did help, they didn't do anything for how my class mates responded to having a slow kid in their class. And in a self defense mechanism, i became a fighter, rule breaker, and a regular in the principles office and ISS. Which didnt help my cause much!lol
So when i see these kids struggling like they are, it makes me wonder who they will become, and how school will be for them. I can already see certain personality trait in some of them that i had. Scary!!! LOL
Anyways, there's not really much to update on other than that. Kreg is doing well like always. ;) He picked up this really awesome foot locker from his moms and its *PERFECT* for his reenacting stuff. So now its mostly all contained and in one location for him. Its pretty neat!
While on the subject of Kreg, i just have to say what an amazing guy he is. Really, hes more than i could ever ask for. He has been helping me clean up our place, de-junk, and do whatever little tasks need to be done around here in order to help me out. He has *SO MUCH* on his plate with work and Klaire and I and church. Not once has he complained about it, not once have i seen him be selfish for time or sleep for himself. I'm so incredibly blessed to have this man and to see him blossom into this wonderfully supportive husband and dad, he has really grown alot these past few years. As he sleeps right now and i look around my home I'm so incredibly thankful for what we *DO* have and the life he has given me. Its not much, its not fancy, i don't have diamonds on my finger, and we don't have all the fancy things that most other households have. But its perfect for us for right now.
I thank my Heavenly Father each day that i have such a wonderful husband and friend. I truly struck out!
Anyhow, i have to go finish cleaning now. Im sure ill have more updates soon!
In other news, Klaire is doing wonderfully! Her reading is coming along nicely, shes actually ahead of most the kids on her class. Right now they are to be mastering the 3rd term "sight words" she has most of them down already and we aren't in the third term yet.
I go in and help when i can and lately Ive been helping some of the students with their sight words. Some of them are still on the first term words. Words like "It", "At", "Me", "My", etc. and even then, there are a few who are really struggling with those. Its become so obvious to me since last year how important it is for parents to be active in their child's education. It shows, and unfortunately, the kids are the ones who feel the effects.
I feel so bad for the kids, i can see them struggling the way i did with words. It makes my heart break, i know what they are in for and its not fun, maybe that's why i hated school so much? I don't know. I struggled horribly, it was filled with years in speech therapy, tutoring, special education classes, and special accommodations for testing and such. While those things did help, they didn't do anything for how my class mates responded to having a slow kid in their class. And in a self defense mechanism, i became a fighter, rule breaker, and a regular in the principles office and ISS. Which didnt help my cause much!lol
So when i see these kids struggling like they are, it makes me wonder who they will become, and how school will be for them. I can already see certain personality trait in some of them that i had. Scary!!! LOL
Anyways, there's not really much to update on other than that. Kreg is doing well like always. ;) He picked up this really awesome foot locker from his moms and its *PERFECT* for his reenacting stuff. So now its mostly all contained and in one location for him. Its pretty neat!
While on the subject of Kreg, i just have to say what an amazing guy he is. Really, hes more than i could ever ask for. He has been helping me clean up our place, de-junk, and do whatever little tasks need to be done around here in order to help me out. He has *SO MUCH* on his plate with work and Klaire and I and church. Not once has he complained about it, not once have i seen him be selfish for time or sleep for himself. I'm so incredibly blessed to have this man and to see him blossom into this wonderfully supportive husband and dad, he has really grown alot these past few years. As he sleeps right now and i look around my home I'm so incredibly thankful for what we *DO* have and the life he has given me. Its not much, its not fancy, i don't have diamonds on my finger, and we don't have all the fancy things that most other households have. But its perfect for us for right now.
I thank my Heavenly Father each day that i have such a wonderful husband and friend. I truly struck out!
Anyhow, i have to go finish cleaning now. Im sure ill have more updates soon!
1 comment:
I had a hard time at reading most of it was my dislexia =)(I can't spell that word for the life of me!) I'm super glad Klaire is doing so good in school it makes it easier to want to suceed in school when your not struggling behind the class... Hey do you want to come de-junk my house it needs it bad!!!
Post a Comment