Sunday, July 18, 2010

{ONCE UPON A TIME....}

I used to tie dye.
I taught myself when Klaire was just a wee little girl.
And eventually i had a weekly booth at the Farmers Market.
And while it was LOADS of work and hard to do. I loved it. Every summer i find myself missing the Farmers Market and the people. And the money.lol
But i don't miss what i had to do during the week. I was dyeing upwards of 500 garments per week. That's alot. I was dyeing/prepping/rinsing/setting for 18+ hours day. And i was a mom and wife on top of it all.
I didn't have any family support aside from Kreg, so Klaire helped me alot or played on her own while i did it. I like having my summers back so i can play with my daughter.

As time passed i got burned out. Then i closed my business and i have a few things leftover that i had a hard time letting go of. But now its time for these things to get outta my sewing room. To make more room for other fun stuff!lol SSSHHHHHHH! Don't tell Kreg. ;)

So here's a few of my favorite things to dye. Baby blankets. They are Organic Cotton and super soft. They took the dye beautifully!
They are perfect for swaddling a sweet newborn, or for a toddler to tote around as a "lovey", or for an older child to keep them warm in the car or watching a movie. Klaire still has hers and LOVES to pretend with it.
I guess secretly inside i was hanging onto them for my own baby. But. They need a new home now. If i ever have another baby i may just as well dye some more that are special for that baby. No use in hanging on for "What ifs."

One of my favorite colorways for a girl, and i LOVE the scrunch effect:
Photobucket

Photobucket

This one i call my "Klaire" colorway, she is the one who picked these colors:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is one of my all time favorite colorways, it has Kelly Green, Brilliant Blue, and TQU:
Photobucket

This is great for boys, TQU and Brilliant Blue:
Photobucket

2 comments:

Noodle said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that frist one... What do you want in trade for it!!!

kkweight said...

Aww, your so sweet!!
I would LOVE to trade you something.
How about a pillowcase dress or two for Klaire? I even have the fabric! I think i have elastic as well, but im not sure....lol