Tuesday, July 27, 2010

{I HAVE NOTHING....}



I was going through old pictures and found this one. I laughed my butt off. Its nearly 3 years old. This is what my child does to keep herself entertained. Shes funny, she keeps me laughing!



I had a post typed out, and it seemed like a rambly post.lol

Klaire is with my mom right now and here i am. Posting on my blog.lol

This summer has been great so far! Busy, but loads of fun.

One thing that has happened that we don't usually get is my moms time.
This year my mom hasn't had to work as much and she hasn't had to take care of her other grandchildren like she has in the past.
Klaire has always had to take a back burner to her other cousins as far as time with grandma, so she hasn't had the benefit of being around my mom as much.
This year was different.
And its been great to see their relationship blossom and grow. Klaire hasn't had to share her grandma. Maybe im selfish that way. I don't know, but ive always felt like she is just as deserving of my moms time and energy as the other kids were.
I haven't had to explain why certain cousins are more important than she is.
I haven't had to explain why grandma hasn't come to play in weeks or months.
I haven't had to dry tears because grandma said she was showing up, but one of the cousins had to have grandma instead.

Its been so nice. I cant even describe honestly. It gives me a break, and it gives Klaire a chance to have time with someone she really loves.
Grandma Deen has been able to spend alot of time with Klaire and i, its been the most time we have spent with her in the last 8 years.
We've been to the movies, shes come over and played with her, Klaire goes to Grandpa Jack's house to help grandma clean, Klaire gets to play in the water with Grandma.... And so on.
These are things that Klaires missed out on for a long time.
I'm glad my daughter is having her time with my mom and dad now.

Klaire is starting school soon, sooner than she has the previous 2 years. So its going to be a busier than normal month for us. Not looking forward to it, but im ready for school to start.lol

On the school front, Kreg has been doing wonderfully!!
I'm incredibly proud of his hard work and the progress he has made this summer.
He's completed one section in very little time and he tested really well. I think its a bit tougher for him in this next section of the curriculum, so he may need help from a family member to help him figure it out. But that's fine.
We are willing to do whatever we need to do to get him to pass and into a new position at work!
The math class sucks butt. He hates it and im not looking forward to doing it when i go back.lol But he will get through it! I have faith in him.
Kreg's dedication this time around in school has really proven alot to me. He is definitely a guy that when he wants to do something he will do it, and do it well. But if he is forced into something there's just no two ways about it, we wont do it. He's managing his studying and time really well. He's gone 2 hours earlier each night, so we get maybe 1-2 hours with him per night.
One thing that's been unique about school this time around has been the change in school. He is really liking not going to SLCC, or being in a traditional classroom. This school he's in is a better fit for him and the way he learns. He's not used to the instructor not lecturing him all class.lol He goes at his pace and he does really well with that. So im thrilled its working out for him. He has had some frustration because the instructor took a break for a bit. But Kreg figured things out and got the help he needed.
I cant wait for school to be over for him though!
Im praying he does well on the test he has to take for his advancement in his job.

I will be starting the fair soon.
I had a great time last year, and this year is looking like it will open some new opportunities for me, which im thrilled about. Not to mention the pay raise.lol I needed that alot.
Im also back to sewing some cloth diapers! Its been a while, maybe a year? Ill be posting some pictures of the finished products at the end of the week hopefully.

Other than that we are great as always. Healthy, happy, food in our bellies, and a roof over our heads. Couldn't ask for much more than that.lol

No comments: