Thursday, August 12, 2010

{SO........}

Today is the day. The day in which we finish our school shopping. WOOHOOO!!
Unirforms are bought.
Backpack is ready to be filled.
Winter coat is ready for the low temps and snowflakes.
Shoes are ready to be worn again, but will need replacing by winter.
Hair bows are fresh, crisp, and ready to adorn a cute girls auburn locks.
School carpool is set up and ready to start.
And now. We just need to take care of the school supplies!


I'm feeling a little sadness but some relief at the same time. This time of the year is always a tough one for me. But i always get through it.lol

Both Klaire and i are relieved to get this new school year underway. Her teacher is new and we are excited to see her skills and see her grow as a teacher.
She misses her school, her friends, her teachers, and the school environment.
This summer has been pretty hard on her. I think this has been the first year that shes really felt the impact of being an "only child". Shes become *SUPER* aware of how its pretty much just her and i most days. This is actually the way its *always* been, but for some reason shes more sensitive to it now. Ive found that the busier i keep her the less it effects her, but, i can only keep her so busy. KWIM?

My mom has been an extreme lifesaver this summer.
Shes been willing to take Klaire for a day or two weekly or every other week for about 4 hours. I've never really had anyone that is willing to take Klaire for a few hours here or there during the summer until now.
Its been such a great thing for her and i, plus, she gets some very valuable time with Grandma Deen that she hasn't really had much of. Shes also been at my dads having fun with him, and i think its been a really good distraction for him to have her there playing.I'm incredibly thankful that my parents love my daughter and that they value her and the time they get with her.
It gives me peace in my heart to know that my parents have ended a cycle that was so prevalent in my family in regards to grandparent/grandchild relationships. That was a very hard cycle for them to break. I'm very proud of them!

Another thing that has been a breath of fresh air this summer has been the amount of time we have been able to spend with my cousin and her two girls. Its been a blast to be around them and to let the girls build a relationship. Plus, it gives me some adult time with a pretty awesome person! I really value that time that they have spent together, its been really good for Klaire. She will need those kinds of relationships as she gets older.

I guess the reason why im feeling some sadness over this school year is because, well, it shows me that my baby is getting older. And as much as i love to see her grow and learn, its hard. I'm faced with the reality that these last 8 years have flown by and before i know it another 8 years will pass and she will be driving. I just wish i had a pause button on life and i could pause time so i could savor these years a little longer.
Im feeling some sadness over the fact that my little buddy wont be my constant companion for the next 9ish months.
So. Ya. There it is.lol I hate change, and things are a changin'!

I'm proud of Klaire and all of her hard work in school.
I'm proud of the young lady shes becoming.
I'm proud of her sweet and loving character.
I'm proud of what a hard worker she is.

Oh. And 2 things to update on.

My sweet girl is getting baptized soon. I cant believe it. 8 years ago i was getting ready to have her, i was filled with excitement and wonder to see who this little person inside of me was. After she was born i would sit for hours staring into her gorgeous, big, brown eyes and wonder who this little person would turn out to be. And 8 short years later here she is. Ive been blessed beyond measure to be her mom.

Also. My beautiful girl has GLASSES!!! Its been a pretty non drama type of event in our home. Glasses for my family are pretty common, so Klaire just took a kinda laid back approach about it. She was very excited to "be like mom".lol She is simply adorable in them!
We have noticed shes had less migraines. Shes more aware of things around her, she seems less clumsy too. Shes been reading TONS more too! Not that she wasn't reading or anything, she just seems to be doing more of it.
We found out she was incredibly far sighted and has a pretty bad astigmatism. She has a +1 prescription, which means that her eyesight wont get as bad as mine, well, it may, it just wont happen as early as it did for me. So we are excited to see how the glasses affect her in school.

Well, gotta get going to finish the school shopping!

1 comment:

Noodle said...

I love you... And I love to spend time with you... Klaire is such a great example for my girls to look up too... We so need to have more mom days =)