I always get a little weepy and sappy on Veterans Day. We have *SO MUCH* to be grateful for.
Klaire's school put on an amazing Veterans Day program.
The music teacher and the school invest so much time and energy to make it amazing and heartfelt.
I love hearing the kids sing the Armed Forces Medley. I LOVE hearing all of the Vets stand to announce rank, announce the branches they served in, as well as what wars they have served in. Each year we get more and more Vets to come and be honored.
At one point in my life i wanted to be in the military, it was what i thought was the best career for me.
I was in JROTC for a total of 3 years, i went to bombing ranges, i was on Rangers and did some competing, i was on the Color Guard, i was involved in service projects around the community and up at Hill Air Force Base, and i was on the Drill Team and competed. I LOVED the feeling i had when i wore my uniforms and fatigues.
Alot of my organizational skills came from an assignment i had while in JROTC. I was in charge of organizing, taking care of, and keeping inventory of our whole stock of uniforms, shoes, equipment, rifles, and whatever else we had. I learned alot by taking on that responsibility and i loved it.
I had a passion for my country and our military. I excelled at it, i didn't struggle to learn what i was taught, it just came naturally. Which, was rare, i never really excelled at much, very little actually interested me.
I loved my commanders, they worked hard with me, they encouraged me, they supported me, they made sure i did well, and they had faith in me.
Often times i was more fearful of my commanders finding out about my trouble making than my own parents.lol
I wanted to desperately go in but health prevented that. I cant tell you the level of disappointment i felt.
Dental Assisting then became my back up plan.
One this Veterans Day i have so much to be grateful for.
My husband.
My child.
My home.
My freedom to practice my religion as freely as i want.
The ability to not fear for my personal and my family's safety.
My freedom to speak openly about whatever i want.
and soooooooooooooo much more!
I have such a deep gratitude for those who have and who are serving in the military. I appreciate their sacrifices they have made for me and for my child's future liberties. The sacrifice they make by being away from their families. Gratitude for putting their lives in the line of fire before mine is.
Words simply can not express.
So. On this Veterans Day, thank a Veteran. Think of them. Open your eyes to their sacrifices for our nation.
Hopefully these videos work.lol
They always bring a tear to my eye and some humbleness for how easy i really do have it in this nation i live in.
No comments:
Post a Comment