Halloween is by far our favorite time of the year in the Weight household.
Our home is filled with comforting spicy smells and an air of warmth and relaxation.
We love to watch Charlie Brown Halloween specials, the Harry Potter series, and many other family friendly favorites! Kreg and i also LOVE to scare the holy crap out of each other by taunting the other person to watch super scary movies late at night on his days off from work.
We love pulling out the decoration boxes from under the stairs and pulling out the Halloween stuff. Kreg and Klaire LOVE tearing up an old black garbage sack to hang outside to make our door way look spooky.
This year i found some spooky and fun Halloween decorations for a really cheap prices. We added a "Halloween Tree" to our home. We also added some creepy looking candles, a ceramic pumpkin with a "W" on it, among other stuff.
This is the time of year that Kreg and i fell in love, so naturally it holds a special place in my heart. I love spending this time of the year remembering what our lives were like 9 years ago. We were sooooo young and in love!!lol
This year Klaire's costume is kinda simple, she never really decides what she wants to be until about a month or so before. I'm kinda laid back about it i guess, between Kreg and i we could throw together a costume in a small amount of time that would be great!
I'm not the type of mom that makes her costumes either, why do that to myself?!lol I guess if i had the skills it wouldn't be such a big deal, but my sewing skills end at cloth diapers.
I keep an eye out for costumes and generally pay less than $12 for the costume including the accessories. This year it was about $15 because i bought a costume on 75% clearance, but it was from a popular kids clothing chain. But i couldn't find anything like what she wanted to be until i found this costume. So i spent a little more money, but the costume is pretty awesome!
This year she wanted to be a Greek Goddess. So tonight we will be spray painting her shoes for her costume, and then i will need to put her hair up so she can have curls for tomorrow. I'm still on the hunt for some gold arm bands or something, but, i think she will be fine without them honestly.
Today, being Kreg's day off, we are going to go have fun as a family!
We will help Klaire carve her pumpkin that we grew this summer at my dads house. After that we will be having our monthly family dinner with the Jaques family at a new resturant in my city.
Tomorrow will be so much fun!!! We have been invited to go to my aunt Ymana's for her Halloween party and get to spend time with a side of the family that we don't see too often. And after that we will go trick or treating! I haven't decided which neighborhood though, last year we went to my dad's and Klaire totally SCORED!lol It was loads of fun. But, alot of our ward members missed seeing us last year. So its undecided.
I really love how simple our holidays have gotten.
It's pissed alot of people off because ive put my foot down in regards to where and with whom we spend the holidays with, but screw'em. Quite frankly, i don't give a rats ass anymore. Holidays were becoming a monopoly, it was ridiculous and the 3 of us dreaded it the WHOLE time, m family was miserable and it took a week or more for us to get back into sorts.
It wasn't fun at all and we weren't creating any of our own traditions and family memories.
And now when a holiday comes Kreg and Klaire always mention how they love the fact that things are so laid back and relaxed now. They LOVE that we can do things at our own pace, and if they choose the can stay in their jammies the whole time and nobody will care.lol
I find that i don't dread the holidays like i used to and i feel like i can enjoy the time we have together more. No more worrying about traffic, appearances, being respected as a family member, and bath times. Most importantly, i feel like Klaire is getting more out of us doing things the way we are instead of how we used to.
I look forward to today and tomorrow and the time the 3 of us are going to spend together. I love my family with all of my being.
As i dress Klaire up this year im reminded of her first Halloween. She was a black kitten. Kreg picked up her costume and proceeded to paint a black nose and whiskers on our 2 month old baby. She was so sweet! Since then she was a pumpkin for 2 years, a ladybug, a cheerleader, Hermione Granger, a which, and now a Greek Goddess!
1 comment:
Sounds like so much fun!!!! I totaly understand the feeling torn in two around hollidays... Sometime I feel like I spend more time in the car trying to full fill all the family obigations that its kinda makes the holliday stress full....
Post a Comment