Its summer time!!!! Summer is always pretty busy around here so it makes it hard to blog regularly. I probably wont be around much until after school starts.
I have alot to update on!
Klaire:
She's growing more and more each day! Someone needs to tell this kid to stop getting so dang tall!
She is completey excited about going into 3rd grade this fall, i cant believe school is starting shortly, im relieved but nervous at the same time.
She loves to be outside when ever possible, she loves to catch various bugs she finds, playing in sand boxes, riding her bike, and enjoying the suns rays as much as she can.
Summer is always a little hard for her though, she THRIVES and LOVES being around other kids and in the classroom environment. Having a one and only is hard in some aspects, and this is one of them. So her and i try to spend as much time as we can out doing fun stuff and spending time with other kids.
She is loving being a part of Activity Days in our church, i cant believe she is at this stage already!!
Kreg:
He is enjoying and loving his new shop!! Its been amazing to watch him make the shift from admin/management back to bargaining unit. He is less stressed with his job position and he seems to be loving where he is at, we are both enjoying that his work isn't coming home with him anymore and he can leave work at work. He comes home each morning ready to tell me about the new stuff he has learned, the new friends he has made, and all of the exciting new equipment he gets to play with.
He still needs one more training, its the biggest training unit so far, but he just needs to wait it out until his company schedules him for it. His schedule will change slightly for the training, but then he will go back to his current schedule.
Speaking of schedules. DUDE. This whole 4 10's schedule is freaking AWESOME!!! We love having 3 full days a week with Kreg home. Klaire loves having so much time with her dad.
For the time being and until the company says "No More" Kreg has been working some serious overtime hours.
Its nice that he is able to have that opportunity again, but, it brings back alot of old feelings and whatnot. I just have to remember that he is doing his best to balance family and work and he is doing what he needs to be doing in order to take care of us. So Klaire and i just have to stick it out for the next few weeks and then things will settle down a bit.
And honestly, this is one of the main reasons we chose the 4 10's schedule, so that he could have one day a week to work as much overtime as he can without it leaving him short on time off with us. So its definitely not as hard on us with him working overtime as it used to be like when he worked at the airport, we are looking forward to having that 3rd day off back though.
Kalley:
Fair time is starting in a little over a month or so. I'm excited to be going back for my 3rd year!!Im excited for the new opportunities and things i will learn this year.
I have been keeping busy with knitting, ive made a TON of stuff and im working on getting pictures ready for the bloggity. I just finished up a dresser scarf for Klaire's vintage dresser, its pretty dang awesome! It just needs some washing and blocking. I also made a pretty little scarf for myself, the colorway is called "Tart".
I have joined a local group of girls who meet twice a month to knit and talk and Kreg has been pretty supportive of me getting out for a little bit by myself for a little bit each month. Kreg has been incredibly supportive of me while i have picked up knitting, he has found a few German patterns he is patiently waiting for me to make up for him. ;)
I recently scored a FREE wooden swift. Its handmade and pretty nifty! It has 2 options for how the arms of the swift can spin around. The original design of it was a little weird with a few pieces, so Kreg and i put a little time and work into it, we modified it some, and now it works like a peach! I cant wait to have some of my skeins put into cakes.
Ive also been busy with making up some new decorations for Klaire's new room.
We redid a dresser for her in bright and coordinating colors of her new bedspread.
I had some hideous old picture frames with a coordinating shelf that i fixed up with some scrap paper and some odds and ends i had laying around. They are super cute! Her and i had a good time picking out the paper and notions together for them.
Then i made her a bow board and trinket box that matches the picture frames (i just need to find the perfect ribbons for them though...).
I cant wait to finish it all up and get them hung up, i hope she loves them!
We have also moved some old furniture out of her room in preparation for some new stuff. Its been fun to see her room change from a little kids room to a room that's ready for a bigger kid.
I have decided to start the Young Womens Personal Progress program! I'm so nervous about it, but excited! The program has changed a bit since i was last in it. I never finished the program so im excited to be able to finish it and to set a good example for my daughter, before i know it she will be doing it as well! Im excited to see how it will enrich our lives.
Lastly.....
Kreg and i celebrated our 9th anniversary!!! I cant believe its been 9 years!
And 8 years ago, on our 1st anniversary, we were sealed together in the LDS Bountiful Temple along with our 10 month old baby.
He took me to The Roof and then we walked around the JSM Building and saw the neat little exhibit they had. Our sweet friends (and my cousin) Les and John watched Klaire for us so we could have a date. Without them i dont think we would EVER have a date!lol We are beyond grateful that they watched Klaire for us.
As i look back on the last 9 years together we have been through SO.MUCH. I dont know how we survived it all!lol I am grateful for the challenges we have faced and for the positive impact those challenges have made on us and our marriage. I have seen Kreg grow into an amazing dad, husband, friend, and person. I cant picture my life without him.
And 5 days later... I turned 30. *GASP*. 30.
Its crazy to think that i met Kreg 4 months after i turned 20, got married, and had a family. While most people spend their 20's partying and in college, i spent my 20's being a mom and wife. Its been hard in some aspects, but its been awesome in others!
Anyhooooo.......... There's some camping coming up. Some road trips. Some drive in movies. Some more overtime for Kreg. Some school shopping for Klaire. Fair time. And MUCH MUCH more.
So i dont know how often ill be updating. So im going to be taking a bit of break until things kinda cool down here a bit.
Have a great summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment