Gosh, how in the world did 3 months fly by already?!
Lots has happened in those 3 months, here's a list:
July 24th celebrations
Kreg worked massive amounts of overtime
Kreg adjusted to his new work schedule (which BTW, is TOTALLY AWESOME!)
Kreg turned 37
Klaire turned 9 (!!!?!!!!!!?)
Klaire had a birthday party
Klaire started 3rd grade
Kalley returned for her 3rd season at the Utah State Fair
And there's more im probably leaving out but just cant remember right now.lol
Its been a busier than usual late summer/early fall for us.
During the fair our mantra was "After the fair we will..........". Well, now that the fair is over we are staying just as busy as we were when it was going on.lol I guess its a good thing, im just waiting to be able to take a breath and relax a little.
As usual, Kreg did a smashing job this year with filling in as mom and dad while i was gone. He tackled the first few weeks of Klaire being back in school, and i couldn't be prouder of the job he did.
I put in more hours this year at the fair than i have in the previous 2 years, which isnt nessacarily a bad thing. But i think all 3 of us really felt the pain of not being together much during those 5-6 weeks.
I was in the livestock office this year! It was challenging to learn a new aspect of my job, but i have to admit..... i really loved the challenge (even as frustrating as it was at times i still really loved it!). And i have to say, the livestock office can be real interesting at times, some of the folks that come through there just kinda make me chuckle a bit at how stupid, demanding, entitled, and silly they can be. But, through all of those goofy people you get some of the sweetest, hard working, kind, and genuine folks you can ever meet! Those are the people who i love to work with and help out. Those are the people who make working at the fair fun and enjoyable.
I look forward to going back next year (if they will have me of course...)!
I've also kept pretty busy with my local knit ladies. I feel so blessed to have them! They have been so much fun to be around and to get to know. I never in a million years would have thought that knit night would lead to building such awesome and fun friendships.
The first weekend after the fair a few of us gathered together and went on a yarn shop hop, we hit 7-8 stores around the SLC valley and DUDE. It was freaking AWESOME! I scored some major yarnage and have already been planning out some super fun projects for me to do this fall and winter.
Anyhow, i cant reiterate how lucky i am to have this group and these ladies!
On a side note..... About a month and a half ago i went off of some of my medication that keeps my PCOS symptoms in check and under control. I have to say, its been a pretty seemless transition. I have faith in my body and im learning alot about what it needs and how to treat it. I see an acupuncturist 2-3 times a week and as terrified as i am of needles, its not all that bad! So far, my body has responded wonderfully to it and i haven't felt the negative side effects of being off my meds yet. Hopefully these are good signs!
Kreg and Klaire are doing amazing!
Kreg works his butt off and enjoys his 3 days a week with his family. I love it when he comes home from his night of work and we sit and talk about what his night was like.
He is starting to build alot of his reenacting stuff, which is exciting to see him plan stuff out and make his vision of what he wants come to life. I cant wait to post pictures of his finished projects!
Kreg is such a blessing in my life!
He frustrates the hell out of me sometimes, as i do him, but seriously, this journey we are on together has been a huge blessing in my life. After 9 years of marriage and almost 10 years of "being together" im finding that im falling in love with him more each day. He is such a great guy! And while we have had some growing pains over the years i look back and am nothing but grateful for those times, as hard as they may have been or continue to be its hard to not be grateful that we went through those times together.
And lastly. My dear sweet Klaire Bear.
Klaire is **9**!!!
I cant believe she is 9. It freaks me out a little! This is her last year of being a single digit age.
She is growing tall as a weed! She is just below my chin now!
She is doing wonderfully in 3rd grade, she loves her teachers and is still learning the ins and outs of being a 3rd grader. She is grasping and retaining a TON of stuff each day, it kind of surprises me by how much they expect the kids to know, but she is meeting all of her goals and exceeding them!
I'm so proud of her hard work each day! Kreg and Klaire got into the good habit of doing homework together each day immediately after school. Typically it was just her and i doing it, but i have to say, having her dad do it with her really makes a HUGE difference.
Klaire is doing wonderfully in Activity Days as well! She has a really great group of friends and she has met all of her goals for Activity Days.
Anyhow. That's us right now. Not very interesting, i know. But its us.
1 comment:
LOVE IT!!!
You know the hell I went threw with rude back lash from my blog... As long as you write what you feel and don't try to bash another person I think it is totally fine to express your feelings... We all need a postive way to express our selfs... I think I need to read that book of yours... Sounds like some thing I could use =)
I love you and miss your guts!!!
we need to get together!!! Like bad!!!
Post a Comment