Monday, January 30, 2012

{THIS IS GONNA BE LONG........}

And with this post i have now hit the 50 post mark on my blog!
I dont know whether to be proud or to be a little embarrassed.lol I don't do this blogging thing very well. I can't seem to post here more than once every 3 months or so!
Life is busy.

I'm so torn as to what to do about my blog and what content i share. That has *SO MUCH* to do with why im so hit and miss on my blog right now.

On one hand i want this to be a journal of sorts.
I have lofty ideas of posting TONS of pics and chronicling every little detail of our lives so i can remember each moment of it.
I love the idea of printing it all off and putting it into a book or something. I love going back and reading stuff i wrote while i was in the thick of life and its struggles and joy, i gain *SO MUCH* perspective on things, it helps me see how much i grow and evolve, how my little family grows and evolves, how my marriage matures, and the changes that i see Kreg and Klaire go through .
Its TONS easier for me to type rather than to write it all out as well. My fingers move fast enough to type out what my brain is spitting out, i write so slow that i just give up.lol


On the other hand i dont feel as though i can fully share alot of whats going on in our life and family on my blog.
I find that im censoring myself ALOT and not really putting as much detail and emotion into this as i hoped for. I tend to leave alot of stuff out. And on one hand, im OK with that, but then i digress back to the paragraph above. If im leaving out the good stuff, the hard stuff, the stuff where we learn and grow, then whats the point of it all?

I know that i have readers who i don't really care to share my life or details about my family with. And sadly, ive already had to block certain IP's, users/accounts, and delete rude and mean spirited comments. Thus being why ive had to be heavy handed in the comments and such.
Isn't it sad that there are people (extended family members nonetheless) who choose to use MY BLOG, something about my little family of 3, as a way to manipulate and in general just be a bunch of douche bags over?! Really folks?! Grow a set.
I think it pisses me off the most when i try to create a positive thing in my life and others use it as a means to shit on, as a means to turn it into something about them. I'm over it.

And while i dont want to put certain things out there, i also dont want to make my blog private either. I mean, why should *I* have to go to those extremes because they cant mind thier own business?! It just pisses me off. I don't see why *I* should have to change the way i live and the things i do so they have as little to gossip and criticize me about as possible.

There. i said it. i totally went there. ive said my peace, im done. WHEW! Damn that felt good!

Dear bishop, i apologize for swearing so much. ;) Please dont hate me.lol

I guess in the end, i feel like this is my blog. This blog is about my family and our lives.
And if people have nothing better to do with their time than to sit and pick what i put here apart then so be it. That reflects poorly on their pitiful, sad, unfulfilled, meaningless lives.

Anyhwhoooooo.....

Kreg and i are coming up on our 10 year anniversary in 6 months.
I know. I know. Its still a ways away.lol
But im a planner like that.lol Don't you know that about me yet?! Don't act so suprised.

We always said that for our 10th we would take an amazing vacation (we would have the honeymoon we never had........) and then we would pick out a wedding ring set we always wanted but could never afford.
Honestly though, i think Kreg and i would be happy with one of those two things or just a night or two away with each other.
Or better yet, maybe a week long vacay with the kiddo to somewhere blissful!
We are playing around with some ideas and im hoping we can pull a trip off. I think we would all really enjoy it.

The rings would be nice too, but its really not necessary.
Our original wedding ring set was $50.lol
Yep, you read that right. Being Broke Ass Broke (As Kreg likes to say.....) doesn't get ya very much.lol

I was working in a Utah's Own jewelry shop in the airport terminal at the time, and was hugely pregnant. We were featuring a local jewelry maker from Park City, i had come to fall in love with his work. It was a set i was eyeballing for WEEKS! I mentioned them to Kreg, he ended up coming to my store a few days later and seeing them, he fell in love with them too.
He ended up bringing them home a few days later, and right before our wedding.
I was sick in bed when we brought them home, i still remember the look on his face, the look of happiness and contentment. They weren't much then or now, but by damn, they have some great memories!

I wore mine as long as i could, but i had to take it off right before i had Klaire.
Then in the years following i gained so much weight that i couldn't wear it anymore.
Kreg was a sweetheart and bought a super simple and inexpensive white gold band for me to wear until we could get new bands or something.
Well, about a year ago i was able to wear it again and it hasn't come off since!

And honestly, they are wonderful, they aren't anything fancy, they suite us and it was all we could afford back then.
But, i do have moments of wanting a nice set for Kreg and i.
I know it will come with time and im willing to wait.....Most of the time at least.lol

Part of why im OK with waiting is because i really haven't seen a design im totally in love with.
I like diamonds, but honestly??? I think they are a little on the gaudy side. I mean. EVERYONE has one, or two, or three, or ALOT in thier ring.
But then i don't want just a plain band either. I like Pearls because its one of my birth stones, and i like Opals too. But i just can't picture them being in a wedding ring.
I don't know, like i said, undecided.lol


K, ring talk is over with.lol

Kreg and i have been reading a book together lately.
I have been trying to get into reading more over the last 5 or so years.
I've never been a huge reader just because all of the books ive had to read before have SUCKED ASS! So i have a hard time wasting my time and attention reading them.
Kreg on the other hand is an avid reader, he about cried the first time he saw me sit down with a book, a big book i might add, and read it from cover to cover and then want to read more!lol
And honestly, it tickles me to death seeing how voracious of a reader Klaire has become. I love seeing her appetite for books!


Here is the book description of what we are reading now (oh, doesn't it go lovely with the first part of my blog post?! No?! well then, maybe you should read this book too!):
Having clear boundaries is essential to a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
A boundary is a personal property line that marks those things for which we are responsible. In other words, boundaries define who we are and who we are not.
Boundaries impact all areas of our lives: Physical boundaries help us determine who may touch us and under what circumstances -- Mental boundaries give us the freedom to have our own thoughts and opinions -- Emotional boundaries help us to deal with our own emotions and disengage from the harmful, manipulative emotions of others -- Spiritual boundaries help us to distinguish God's will from our own and give us renewed awe for our Creator -- Often, Christians focus so much on being loving and unselfish that they forget their own limits and limitations. When confronted with their lack of boundaries, they ask: - Can I set limits and still be a loving person? - What are legitimate boundaries? - What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries? - How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money? - Aren't boundaries selfish? - Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?

Here is a linky loo!
http://amzn.com/0310585902

There's a few folks who will be getting this for Christmas this year.lol

It has seriously been such an AWESOME read for the both of us.
We have a hard time getting through more than a few paragraphs without one of us stopping and bringing up situations we have been in with family, with other people, or issues that our families both have.
Its been eye opening for sure!


We are all doing well for now.
We have all been plagued by a nasty cold/flu virus. I'm glad its done and over with for the most part.
Poor Klaire hasn't had a very strong stomach these last few days, but has powered through school and church. She's a trooper!
Kreg is on the brink of being down for he count with his illness. He is trying to fight it off, but its kind of lingering. He actually took some time off work, which suprised the hell outta me, he NEVER takes time off work unless he has to.
As for me, it totally wiped me out. I;m still pretty exhausted and worn down from it.
Hopefully not for long though!

Anyhow, its late, i have AM carpool tomorrow morning and lots of Drs visits and some knitting time with friends planned. Better get to sleep!

No comments: