Sunday, February 5, 2012

{JUST A QUICK HELLO!}

In my attempt at keeping this blog updated and for it to be more of a journal i wanted to make a quick post before i go to sleep.

Here's my happy news of the week:
Good news.......
I FINALLY washed and blocked one of the first scarves i made!
It was made of one of the first skeins of high quality yarn i purchased a year ago, Mad Tosh in Tart (colorway). It kinda scared me a little to block it because i didn't want to mess it up and make it look bad. I cant wait to take pics of it, im stoked! Kreg was a trooper in helping me make sure it turned out right. It turned out ALOT lacier than i had expected, but im pretty happy with it! I cant wait to wear it.

Other good news......
Kreg bought me some GORGEOUS flowers this weekend. Made my weekend!
I came home from a long day of work, went upstairs to change clothes and laying on the bed was an incredibly sweet note with a GORGEOUS bouquet of flowers! It had HUGE sunflowers, gerbera daisy's, tulips, roses, and many more of my most favorite flowers.
Its not often i get flowers, but when i do it means so much to me.
Kreg is so incredibly thoughtful and loving. I cant believe we are coming up on our 10th anniversary soon. Bliss. I feel like im falling in love with him all over again.

Last of the good news....
I haven't been feeling so great today, spent some time in urgent care (damn ears and jaw!). BUT the good part is that Kreg and Klaire have been so incredibly sweet to me all day long. So blessed to have them! Kreg took a nap with me while Klaire played quietly, and then they went and picked up my RX's and had some fun time at the park together.


Oh, wait. One more piece of good news too!
And this piece of good news is a little out of character for me. So brace yourself!LOL

On Wednesday i decided i was done with being unhealthy!
I made a HUGE step in my life and its one that im incredibly proud of. Its taken ALOT for me to get to this place where im at now.

Over the course of 3.5 years i have steadily been loosing weight, in total the last time i checked it was at 75 lbs. total.
Its been achieved with being on the right medicine combo for alot of my hormones and also through diet and behavior/habit changes.
I went off some key medication that kept my PCOS symptoms in control as well as some other hormones i have imbalances of. All of which makes me gain weight regardless of what i do.
Well, i ended up gaining back about 15 lbs. back over the fall and early winter simply by going off the meds.
But, aside from that i have maintained a 60lb. weight loss.

So, with me being reluctant to go back on the costly meds i decided that im not going to let this weight thing beat me!

I went to a local gym and got a membership!
I had one several years ago with Golds Gym, but i didn't have any support and it was really hard for me to go. I knew it was what i needed to do, but my motivation was lacking. The atmosphere there wasn't one i felt comfortable in and honestly, i had no idea where to start.

So, last week i went 3 days in a row.
I usually end up spending about an hour there a day, and i try to give it my very best each time.
I am determined not to let my weight overcome me.
I hope to make my heart stronger, my body stronger and leaner, to build my endurance, and to become healthier overall.

I like being able to feel good.

I like walking out of the gym and have my t shirt soaked in hard earned sweat.

I LOVE feeling the "BURN" in my legs, abs, thighs, and back.

I love keeping my breathing in control when my hear rate is high and im working my ass off.

I love the feeling of my heart racing in my chest and the endorphins i feel.

I like having sweat pouring down my face.

I love setting small goals for myself to get through my workout.

I like pushing myself each day and seeing those calories and pounds melt off.

I love seeing my body change before my eyes and know that *I'M THE ONE MAKING THE CHANGE HAPPEN!*. I really could care less if other people notice the change or not.

I love sharing my days workout and triumphs with my husband and having him be proud of my hard work.

I love sharing with my dad how good im feeling and having him know exactly what im talking about.

I love seeing the pride on my dads face when i share with him this challenge im facing and the determination he sees i have.

I LOVE hearing the encouragement my husband and dad give me each day to become healthier and happier!

I love waking up at the ass crack of dawn with excitement in my heart knowing im going to the gym, knowing that im going to be a little sore in a few hours, and knowing that im doing something *TODAY* to change my health.

I like putting something sexy on, being able to look in the mirror and be happy, knowing that i have some work to do, but also seeing the work that has been done.
Just being happy with what i see before me.

I love hearing my daughters support when she sees how healthy i am becoming, i want to be a good role model for her in every way. I want her to be proud of her body and to take good care of it, i should do the same.

I like waking up and not being stiff, sore, in chronic pain, and in crisis because my body isn't feeling well because of how im treating it. Gosh, what a horrible way to live! Ive wasted too many years in that state, unhappy, and miserable. Time wasted.
My body *NEEDS* movement, it *NEEDS* to be worked, it *NEEDS* attention.
Without those things my back hurts, my neck hurts, my shoulders hurt, my hips hurt, my knees hurt, my ankles hurt, my heart hurts, my lungs hurt, my liver hurts, my arms hurt, and my head hurts.
Not to mention my brain fog lifts, my emotional well being is better, my mental clarity is higher, and my focus is much higher.


I have to admit, this is a great place to be in right now.lol
K, this is longer than what it was supposed to be so i need to get off this damn thing now.
Klaire and Kreg are both amazingly well right now. Lets hope they can stave off illness for the next few months and that they will keep up the hard work in school and work.

1 comment:

Noodle said...

Way to go!!! I love it... I need to follow your example =)