Monday, April 30, 2012

{WE ARE HAVING A.............}

Well, before i announce im going to post some other stuff.
I had a check up on friday as well as the gender ultrasound.
So my current stats are:
Weight: 276, 2lb weight gain in a month. ive gained 4lbs in almost 18 weeks of pregnancy.
Blood Pressure: 112/77, ive had a few issues with my blood pressure, i keep monitoring it each day. Most days its low and fine, but when it goes up, it goes WAYYYYY up and i have to be on bed rest until it comes down. So hopefully i can maintain it like this until the end, but we will see. So far though, things are good and i do my best to take care of myself.
Urine: Nice and clear as always!
Babys heartbeat: 150 (strong and healthy!)


ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!


So based on the ultrasound we found that she is growing as she should be, we saw the 2 lobes of her brain, they look great! Her head and bone measurements are right on for how far along i am. Her heart is beating beautifully, her spine and pelvis look perfect! We could see her nose and eye sockets forming beautifully, and we could see her tiny little toes, fingers, hands, and feet. Her cord is still a 3 vessel cord and looks healthy and plump. Placenta looks great so far and our little girl is surrounded by a good amount of fluid.

I was a bit worried because i haven't been able to feel her move around like i remember being able to feel Klaire. So we watched her for a while to see what was up, she moves around like a monkey!lol She is so active in there, but i ended up having whats called an "anterior placenta". So its on the very top and front side of my uterus, it acts like a huge sponge and absorbs her movements.
But other than that all is well!

We are so excited to have this little one in our family! I can't fully express the amount of gratitude, humility, and excitement we all have over her! It still feels like we are dreaming. Kreg just asked me the other day: "Honey, are we *REALLY* having another baby?! Sometimes it feels hard to believe we got another chance like this!". I couldn't have said it better myself....

Klaire got out of school to go with us to see what flavor baby we are having. She was a little unsure of the ultrasound, she was worried it was hurting me, she stood by my side the entire time and held my hand. She was such a good support to have, as well as Kreg!
She was so happy and hasn't stopped talking about it all weekend.

I went and picked up some baby clothes today from a friend today(YAY!!!!!), it feels a little weird to have little human clothes in the house again. I And then i found some super darling knitting patterns and yarn today to make cute baby clothes! I am so excited to start knitting for her. I already have her coming home outfit all planned out, and i found the perfect little blessing dress pattern, and 2 little spring-ish type rompers. I cant wait to see her in them!

I still struggle with wrapping my head around having another baby at times, i mean, i knew i always wanted more, but after going through everything we did, it just seemed like a hopeless dream most days. So when it actually happens it sends you into a state of shock almost.
Its becoming very real that she will be joining us this fall. I'm still in shock a little bit that its all happening.
But nonetheless, im overjoyed, excited, and truly humbled.
Its true what they say about everything happening in the Lords time.

Kreg has been phenomenal this go around. I really have to give him credit.
With Klaire's pregnancy he was so focused on making other people happy, on working, on school, and "making things "right"" that i think he forgot to enjoy what was happening. This time around is so different! Its almost a little weird to me by how involved he is!lol I like his involvement, just not used to it yet. I wont complain at all!lol
I think it takes a special kind of man to be able to raise girls, i think think that Kreg is wonderful in his dad duties! I couldn't ask for a better spouse or a better partner to share parenting with. He is amazing and wonderful in every way with our children. Its been so much fun to see him process this whole pregnancy and to be excited for it.

No comments: