Kreg and i finally announced our pregnancy to the world! It was nerve wracking and exciting at the same time. Its been wonderful and comforting to have the support and love of so many wonderful people around us. Its kinda been crazy and a little weird to have gotten some of the responses we have, but honestly, i think my top 5 favorite responses have been:
1-Kreg, he was just so chill and laid back about it! I was FREAKING out and he was like "Kalley, that is so awesome! I couldn't be happier." in the most calm, cool, and collected tone he has.lol I think he was calm because he saw what a wreck i was.
2-Then there was Klaire! She caught on about 2 days after i got my first positive test.lol Little stinker! At first she responded like her dad, very calm, cool, and collected because we had to be sure she knew there was a chance we could loose the baby and all that jazz. So once we gave her the final "Yes Klaire, you ARE going to be a big sister" she was so thrilled and excited. Poor thing started crying! Her tears she later said were over how happy she was to be a big sister. It was a tender moment for us all.
3-My dad. I was wanting to wait for a good while to tell him, but we had a quiet moment one day and i just blurted it out. It was kinda funny. I think he was caught off guard. But he got a HUGE grin on his face and told me how happy and proud of me he was.
4-My Cuz. Les. I think aside from Kreg she has been through most of the infertility stuff with me. She knows more of whats happened than most people do. I was hoping to wait another week or so, but Klaire kept bugging me to tell her so i did. Of course she was so happy and excited for us. I'm glad i told her because i really needed lots of support these past 16 weeks and shes been the main source of that support. Im so happy her and i have been able to share our pregnancies together.
5-My Gma L. I just told her this week.lol But i had mentioned "oh, you know Rod' expecting...... And you know Les is expecting.... And now IM EXPECTING!!". She sat there for a moment not sure how to respond and then she started tearing up. It was sweet. She was so excited and started calling people. It was funny. It will be her 19th great grand baby.
Anyhow, now that we have announced and its "out there" i have some blog posts ive been writing over the last several weeks but wasn't ready to publish them yet. So im going to go ahead and publish them.
They serve more as a journal for myself and my family than anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment